Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Software

So I got this new software that will allow for some good motion analysis. So I went to the Long Jump pits and recorded this video. I knew the board was 10 feet away from the pit so once I had that reference distance put in I was able to figure out all kinds of stuff. For example the low point of my penultimate was 2.8 feet off the ground whereas the high point of my jump was 5.15 feet in the air. It allows you to look at speeds and acceleration, I can figure out athletes angles of projection in jumps and throws, it has a ghost feature where is overlays all the images of you on to one picture. Lots of great stuff and I am still learning to use it.

The last couple years I have been trying to talk myself into getting Dartfish, which is a motion analysis program. THe cheapest one is over a thousand dollars, this seems like it gets you 80% of the features for FREE. Very happy with this find. (It is software designed for phyiscs teachers, to help students understand labs, haha)

Here is a little of the program in action:

Here is a pic of my long jump in one picture.



Here is a graph of the height of my center of mass vs time.





Here is a video tracking my center of mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment