Thursday, October 1, 2009

Update Number 1

Here is the first update on our fall athletes

Field Hockey:

(Erika Rodriguez, Catherine Sparling, Lauren Drewniany)

Been doing my best to sneak away from football to watch Lauren, Catherine and Erika take on the BVAL in Field hockey. I still have no clue what is really going on (when the ref blow his whistle I have no idea why and no idea which direction he will point) What I do know is I saw Catherine score a goal last week against Willow Glen, I have seen Lauren be the last line of defense (besides the goalkeeper I guess), she is way more intimidating out there then on the runway. And everytime I see Erika go in the game the energy of the team goes up. The team tied Cupertino today, and is 2-0-1 in league so far. Eventually I will figure this sport out… Steve sent me a whole bunch of action shots which I will post over the next day or so... (gives me something to post/ you a reason to come back, haha)

Cross Country :

(Pauline Olsen, Chelsie Faulk, Adam Groen, Trevor Zandi)

Due to the hot weather last week, their first league meet was postponed to yesterday (Tuesday) . From what I hear there were a lot of PRs (which you all know is my favorite thing in the world) I heard that Adam Groen had a pretty big one in particular. Pauline has promised to get me some action shots of our track athletes out there running. I am planning on making it out to a meet or two to support the team, it is just tough with no home meets and while I am trying to coach football. It will happen though!

Football:

(Dominic Leach, Kenny Lee, Jacob Montoya, Kean Vaziry, Artie Valencia, David Pelz, Taylor Alonzo, Matt Dariano)

The team is hurting a little bit. 0-3 start and a loss to Sobrato. We have a number of track athletes out on the football team. Got to mention former cieves that I coached first Leach had a couple touchdowns in the first game against Gilroy and will figure out how to punt in the game soon. Kenny Lee looks ridiculously good as well… so good in fact that I can’t take any credit for that. In addition to Leach and Kenny we have Artie also out there looking as quick as ever, Pelz (him and Matt Thomson were are entire Frosh Soph team) is the starting quarterback. Half of our CCS guys 4*400 is also out their and getting plenty of playing time Montoya is returning punts as well as playing z, and Viz is one of our top Corners) Taylor had an early injury but scored the first points of the game against Sobrato. Matt is now the QB of the JV team as well as our strong safety.

Also, saw the band put a beating on Sobrato's band (capes and all, haha) at the game last week. Eric Tolson, Jacob Daw, Emily Frederick, and Alex Ukanwa

Track and Field

Well the season doesn’t start until February but I have been contacted by a few freshman parents with children interested in joining. Not to mention I have been spreading the word around the JV football team. (we will see what comes of that) Jacob Daw and Eric Tolson have been finding time when they get a break from band to run the hill each week. Pauline is already starting her weight room program while cross country is going on so she can set some PRs next spring.

As for coaching staff right now Coach Porras and Fresh will be back next year. Mark is moving on to West Valley to be an athlete again. As always I will coach whatever we need so if I find a distance coach I will coach LJ/TJ and if I find a LJ/TJ coach I will coach distance.

1 comment:

  1. geez - glad that i looked here!! WOO GO NUTS!! glad to hear that track athletes are flourishing!! =D

    ReplyDelete