Sunday, March 22, 2009

Road to Recovery and Great meet

The road to recovery isn't like getting your car fixed. Recovery doesn't just happen in one day. To be honest, rehab and full recovery can take anywhere from a week to a couple of months to get back full strength.. The lesson here is that if you come down with shin splints, dehydration issues, or constant calf tightness, it takes steps to get you back into tip top athlete shape. There isn't a magic salve that I can give you and suddenly you're back in action. If there was, I'd be making the big bucks and wouldn't be toiling through basic biology classes =D So, if you're hurting, take active steps such as progressing back to your 110% self. That means starting with jogs and doing what you can when hurt and making sure that you take time to really ice yourself each and every night. If the pros do it, you can do it too.

also, if you didn't see me or didnt know who i was, i was at saturday's meet and i was impressed with what i saw.. glad to have witnessed some pr's and been around to see some people come out to perform. made me excited to see you guys again at practice and see the game come out on thursday.

so, i'll be around until thursday so if you have issues, want me to come up with a recovery plan that includes vaccuming your calves, need a rub out or just a lesson in how to tape shin splints, don't be shy come up to talk to me during practice and I'll be glad to share my knowledge and do my best to heal you up!! =D

1 comment:

  1. I know who this is :D
    But I agree, good job guys. You all just seem to be getting better each year (younger too).

    ReplyDelete