Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Introduction

Hi track and field athletes!!

In case you haven't met me, I'm Janet Lee, one of the major commentators of the blog. I'm also a Live Oak alum, class of 2007 and I ran for track and field for all my 4 awesome years at Live Oak. I was a sprinter-jumper, ran the 400, 4*400, 200, and for a little while as freshman ran the 100 and 4*100. I also jumped the long jump and the triple jump. I was a pole vaulter for a day and was a hurdler and high jumper for track and field summer camp =D I am a "Coach Mike original." I was a freshman sprinter when Coach Mike first started working for the LO program, so Saturday Jump Crew, message boards, the beginnings of trugby, Midnight Madness, a lot of the legendary stories, Cunnan's fall dive - all people that I had the honor to run with. Hope that doesn't give away anything that you didn't know before.

I currently go to UC Berkeley where I am a sophomore intended major in biology. Why I am still relevant to you is that I work for the sports medicine team at Cal. I worked last season for football and I am currently working for softball. I have learned some of the ins and outs of treating minor acute injuries and recurring injuries. So, if you have questions - feel free to ask.

I'm also an example of how big the Live Oak Track and Field Network has spread. So, if you need anything regarding college stuff, college classes, what to look for, need info for visits, the cool places to eat in Berkeley, want a free tour - feel free to ask me, contact me. I'm an open book. By the way, I'm also Kenny's older sister if you don't see the resemblance.

So what I hope to contribute to the blog - stuff like insight from being a student athlete for Live Oak for Coach Mike, playing soccer and field hockey and from being a sports med intern at Cal, to stories to random motivational stuff that I pick up from hanging out with athletes and coaching staff, from facts in my classes, like how much ATP is being pumped through your body right now - its only 40% efficient. I know it sounds nerdy, but I love learning about the body and how it works - and pretty much science in general. =D

So if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my best to post regularly on topics that might be of interest to you - such as what to do about shin splits, good sources of CHO, what is actually going on on the cellular level when you are weight lifting, what a college level practice looks like, what D1 athletes get to do day in and day out, and anything else that you guys want to know.

But other than that, wishing you guys a great season and looking forward to hearing more about you - the ones I know and the ones that I have yet to meet. I'm excited to hear what you can do during the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment