Sunday, April 5, 2009

Coach's Decathlon (- Pole vault)

Well me and mark decided to have a coaches decathlon this week, it will be 3 days long and we will do 3 events per day.

Today was day 1: Which was our Throwing day. Mark beat me in all three throws so he has a 70 point lead. Here are the results:

Mark
Shot Put: 37'4" (569 pts)
Discus Throw: 103'6.5" (495 pts)
Javelin Throw: 105'3" (329 pts)

Total: 1393

Mike
Shot Put: 35'4.5" (533 pts)
Discus Throw: 100'2.5" (475 pts)
Javelin Throw: 102' 0" (315 pts)

Total: 1323

Monday we will do the long jump, 100m, and 400m (which are both of our 3 strongest events)

Tuesday we will do the 110H, High Jump and 1500m (which are definitely not our 3 strongest events)

My goal is to get 4500 points.

Think of this one as our starting point... we will practice these events the next 6 weeks and then have another decathlon. Despite this I know Mark wants to beat me as much as I want to beat him haha.

5 comments:

  1. man i wish you guys would have let me know. i would have loved to come out and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it was kind of spur of the moment, Tolson wanted to run diana so I asked him to bring a jav. We ran the hill and then Mark met us at Live Oak to practice. We decided screw it lets just start now. (notice how I slipped in my excuse for losing in there, running diana beforehand, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a new tradition?? the decath? except no rory and the pole vaults =D

    will have to get in shape.. then i can compete with the softball team in sprints and compete in the decath =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well we postponed it to spring break. Mark was hurting a little bit. James and Jeff challenged us, so now it will be me and mark vs james and jeff. Not sure how that is fair but it was their idea, haha. Probably Wed/Thurs next week.

    We will definitely have another in the summer if other people want to get in on it.

    ReplyDelete