Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday @ Practice

I think we got a good amount accomplished:

Pauline stayed after to work on finding her 400 form, (in the rain) really focused on getting those hips forward. I think we may be in for a nice run this weekend.

Courtney and Lauren both made improvements in their starts. While Erika and Catherine worked together on their starts.

The distance runners probably did less running that the sprinters for the first time ever (8 * 60 meter sprints) except for the 40 minutes of running they did outside the workout, so nevermind.

Mason may be challenging Mark and Daw for ability to throw a med ball as high as possible.

I should quit throwing the jav while my shoulder is still in one piece.

EVERYONE:

After April 30 the team will get smaller each week. Which means everyone is guarenteed only 21 more days of track. 10 of those days are spring break. If you are going on vacation it is important you still find time to work out. If you are in town it is important that you come to practice. Taking a week off right now will ruin your season. We can't revert to march right now we need to keep moving forward. Other teams are dealing with the exact same thing, see this as an opportunity to gain on others. - Coach Mike

5 comments:

  1. Hey coach Hannah told me this: "Is there any way that you could talk to coach mike and ask him if he could write me up some workouts so I can get back into shape this spring/summer? Tell him to keep in mind that I'm extremely out of shape. Since I dislocated my right patella and sprained both my mcl and lcl, running hasn't really been priority. Sometimes the pounding will hurt a lot a lot. But I'm tired of not running. I watched a freshman/sophomore track meet yesterday and just about died. I missed it SO much!
    So yes, perhaps a progressive workout program would be best. I'd really really appreciate it if he could do that. :)
    He can just email me... perfectbrightness@yahoo.com"

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly!! shouldn't it be strained mcl and lcl? and dislocated right patella, is she wearing a knee sleeve??

    and on the shoulder, is jav similar to softball motion?? because if so, i might have some rehabbing stuff to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea, that's all she told me verbatim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strain and sprain are the same thing, strain refers to muscles, sprain is joints. (strained quad/hamstring/calf, sprained knee/wrist/ankle)

    I need some pre-hab moreso than rehab. I just know I am not using my full body to throw the jav which means I am putting alot of stress on my shoulder. No injury yet...I have been reading up on the jav though and am going to progress a little slower, no full throws until I have good mechanics.

    I will send Hannah an email, it will be good to hear from her, it must have been 3 or 4 years ago since I saw her last.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well she is coming home for the summer so I think we'll all be happy to see here again

    ReplyDelete