Monday, April 6, 2009

School records

Hey all -

Well I have some good or bad news depending on how you see it. When I first started here in 2004. I asked if I could get a copy of the school records so I could post them online. What I got was full froph soph and varsity school records for the boys but the girls were missing:
The time for Gustafson in the 3200
The name of the Long Jump school Record Holder
Both Relays 4*100 and 4*400
The frosh soph girls records seemed a little fishy because they were mainly set in the last 8 years (between 96-2003)

I asked Raymond what I should do so I left the time blank in the 3200 (not sure how anyone could beat it) , just wrote vivian in the LJ, and decided when the girls relay team made it to ccs I would use that time as the school record. In the 4*100 they made it 3 years ago with a 51.87, which was recently beat last year with a 51.42.

In the 4*400 they made it 4 years ago with a 4:19 which was beat 2 years ago with a 4:07.37

Anyways I have gone through all the results in the 70s and 80s. I have confirmed some records and some records have been broken so to speak.

Gustafson ran an 11:42 in the 3200 which I will update as the school record

Vivi Hudson made it to the state finals in the long jump in 1977, this must be the "Vivian" that is written there

The 1979 4*100 team ran a 50.7 (I need to check if this was meters or yards but they did have an 11.8 100 meter runner on the team) so that record will probably change

The 1981 4*400 team ran a 4:07.7 which shows that the team 2 years ago legitimately set the record.


I have confirmed most of our other school records. I think the list is pretty comprehensive now. I will not take any one down but I have added the other records.

No comments:

Post a Comment